• Sign Up
  • Sign In

Dragoon Base Dragoon Base Logo

  • Main
  • Invite
  • My Page
  • Members
  • Links
    • 2d Cav ASSN News
    • 2d Cavalry History
    • More History
    • 2SCR Home
    • NPRC@St Louis
    • Fact Sheet
  • Chat
  • Reunions & Events

Frederick L Carter

Greenwood, IN

Birthday: November 19

    0
    • Activity Feed
    • Photos
    • Videos
    • Blog Posts
    • Discussions
    • Events
    • About
    Loading ...
    Frederick L Carter is now a member of Dragoon Base
    Welcome Them!
    Monday
    More…
    Loading ...

    Location

    Greenwood, IN


    Birthday:

    November 19


    What unit(s) did you serve in with the 2d Cavalry?

    RSS


    Where were you stationed?

    Merrell Barracks, Nurnberg Germany


    What MOS or job description did you have?

    Regimental Material Management Officer (RMO)


    What was your rank/title?

    Major


    What years were you assigned to the 2nd Cavalry?

    October 1990 - May 1992


    Tell us a little about your cav days.

    Reported to 2ACR as a promotable captain to assume the position as the RMO replacing MAJ Mark Hillborn. Mark was caught up in "stop move" so I initially shadowed him as his Deputy throughout the 2ACR movement to the Gulf with my actually arrival in theater January 1, 1991. Subsequently, LTC Larry Leighton, RSS CDR, moved me into the RMO position prior to the start of combat operations early February. I redeployed to Germany in June of 1991 and spent the next year focused on the drawdown of the regiment, turn in of equipment and close out of units. My family and I departed Germany in May 1992 for assignment with the 7th INF DIV, Monterey, CA, as the Material Management Officer (DMMO).


    Tell us a little about you now.

    I retired as a colonel from the Army in August 2009 with a total of 33 years 7 months service time. My last 5 years on active duty was as the Indiana State Inspector General (IG). I spent an additional 2 years with Indiana as a civilian IG and then work as a DOD IG for 8 years, finally retiring in Greenwood, Indiana, in January 2020. Since retirement I have stayed busy with church mission trips and performing DIY projects for a Helping Hands Program to assist those who can't do for themselves. Additionally my wife and I have enjoyed retirement entertaining family and grandkids.


    Phone number (Optional).

    3177972814


    Name a few buddies you served with that you would like to find.

    Jeff Nichols; Dave McQuen; George Abelon


    Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

    © 2026 Dragoon Base   Powered by Website builder | Create website | Ning.com